Nov 26, 2007

Giving Thanks and Finding Peace

It's been extremely hectic since returning from Thanksgiving holiday in Albuquerque and I just have the opportunity to catch up and write on the subject. It was a bitter sweet trip.

My mom and I flew in T-day from Reno. Most of our family is still there - both sides. I stayed and feasted with my Grandparents, aunt and uncle (my father could not make it in from Indiana) while mom went to her cousin's. I had a wonderful time and always love seeing my GP'z. Thanksgiving was very quite with only five of us, really cozy. We had a chance to catch up on their recent trip to Williamsburg and future plans to travel back to Europe one last time. I just can't express how cool it is to hear about their adventures. I believe my sense of adventure comes from hearing them talk over coffee about all the places they have traveled to. When I was very young, they would have friends over and show slide shows of trips overseas. I am thankful they traveled and inspired me to do the same. Anyway, I'll be back in February to see them and meet up with my pop for some skiing in Santa Fe and giant plates of juevos rancheros.

A few days a large portion of my mom's side of the family got together to spread the ashes of my cousin, who recently past at the young age of 34, and his mother, who expired some year's ago. My uncle Bill and cousin James spread mother and son's ashes in a small river outside of Santa Fe where Bill and Helena conceived Zia. It was very peaceful and a beautiful experience. Back to the earth, back home.

Rest in peace my friends. You loved and were beloved.


VISIT THE PHOTO SET HERE

No comments: