Apr 30, 2008

The Shiner


Monday night, at my softball (misnomer) game , I was smashed on my nose - clearly you can see ground zero in the photo - by a ball that should have been caught. Not by me, but by the person who was trying to catch it. I don't want to get into details here but basically, dude didn't catch the rock, it was a cinch deal, and I ended up making the play with my face. Nothing I could have done, but I won't go so far as to say it was 'accidental'. I know the guy. He's a good guy, but things like this 'happen' around this person. I know his brother, too, and they are both semi-professionals as breaking shit.


Anyway, this nose is broken. I'm posting this as a motivational tool. This happened at the second game I've ever played in. I'm going to use it as a reminder of the price of entry. And now I'm going to K some effing A on the field.

No comments: